Monday, October 6, 2014

Salmon Loaf - Whole30-style

We're doing a Whole30 for the month of October! Fall is such a great time for this eating plan - roasted veggies, squash, fall fruits...so yummy!


We love salmon patties, but since Lil Dude has recently exhibited some possible egg sensitivity, I needed a method to make salmon that involved at least 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Voila - Salmon Loaf!



I just kind of made this up, but it ended up being really good. Serve with your favorite veggies! (we had roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli/carrots).


2 14.75 oz cans of salmon, drained
1/2 c homemade mayo (I used the recipe in Well Fed 2)
1/3 c canned pumpkin
1/4 c potato starch
1 c of your favorite sneaky veggie (I used carrot/cabbage/broccoli slaw and put it in the food processer until really tiny) shredded squash, zucchini or carrot is great here!
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp dill
1 tsp black pepper
paprika to sprinkle on top


Heat oven to 350. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with your favorite fat. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Pat the mixture down into the loaf pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes until set and a little crispy on the edges. Slice and serve!


Hope you like it!


Stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks fantastic! Ever since the kids came along I hide my fish aversion because I don't want them copying my picky food behavior. So far they really like fish and I can't deny all the health benefits, so I'll be making this very soon. Thanks for a new fish recipe!

    ReplyDelete